Sunday, July 13, 2008

Congratulations Donny!

Yesterday was a very exciting day! We all woke up bright and early to take Donny shopping for his new apt. It took us about an hour to find just the right pan set, but we did it. I think he was a little overwhelmed when he realized how much stuff he actually needed. It was very exciting for me though. I am so happy for Donny, but I am going to miss him so much. He left for EFY for like 4 days and before the first day was even over I already missed him. I don't know what I am going to do when I don't see him for months. I guess we'll be making a lot of trips out to UT now. After shopping we went to lunch and then we took Kristi home so she could get the kids ready for Donny's Court of Honor.

We brought a bunch of stuff from Donny's scouting days to decorate the table with. We couldn't put everything out that we wanted to, but it still looked really nice. Donny shared his ceremony with 2 other boys from our ward. The church was decorated very nicely and one of the dad's put together a great slide show. Of course I cried. My Mom and Terry presented Donny with his Eagle and my Mom also gave Donny my great- grandpa's scouting hat. She was told to give it to the first boy in the family who got his Eagle. Donny and my great-grandpa are the only ones who have gotten. It really is a great accomplishment and a lot of hard work went into all of his projects. He looked so handsome in his scouting uniform yesterday. Cody and Ashley even came. Thanks guys, it really meant a lot to him. He wished my dad and Jill could have been there, but he understands. Of course he also wished Wyatt could have come. We haven't seen him in forever!Sheryl, Terra, Josh, and DK were all missed too. I love things like this when I get to see my whole family together. I am getting older now and a lot mushier. I love my family so much and I wish I got to see all of you more often. Donny leaves in 18 days. We intend to start packing this week so we can make sure he has everything he will need. So far it's sad, but not real yet. I am sure it will hit home when the boxes start lining up in the hallway. I am so going to miss him, but I am so excited for all of the great college experiences I know he is going to have. Congratulations Donny, I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Sheryl, Derick, and Kaylie said...

oh i see how it is...now that donny is moving to Utah you'll be making more trips! I feel loved! :)